|Posted by Lex M Creative, LLC on December 3, 2019 at 10:35 AM|
The holiday season has finally arrived. The smell of eggnog is in the air and Christmas lights are illuminating the streets for as far as the eye can see. But before you can kick your feet up and enjoy Christmas jingles in your snowflake-printed PJs, you have to be sure that your business is making the most out of this opportunity – You need a fully formed marketing campaign and that will require some prep work.
Christmas is an important time of year for every kind of business, both big and small. It’s the biggest consumer holiday there is as gift-givers are looking for new and original ways to delight their recipients. So, no matter what industry you’re in, you need to start planning an effective holiday marketing campaign that won’t let any potential customers slip away.
Here are a few stats just to give you a taste of what’s at stake:
1. Christmas-fy your branding: Holiday decoration is not just for brick and mortar. It can make a significant impact on your social channels and eCommerce stores as well. Lex M Creative has a number of tools that can help you decorate your digital sphere with holiday-themed videos, creative content and more!
2. Don’t alienate your non-celebrating customers: In all, the “holiday season” is often thought of as kicking off with Black Friday and ending with New Year’s Eve. This gives you a whole month to plan out and fill with marketing awesomeness. If need be, you can avoid saying the word “Christmas” altogether by simply referring to holiday sales, winter sales, end-of-year sales, etc. Overall holiday spending is worth a lot and the more encompassing your messaging is, the bigger piece of that pie you’ll get.
3. Keep your social channels as full as your belly: Get a customizable caption, video, or hashtag for every single day of the month from our Social Marketing Calendar. All you have to do is select a video (or all of them), and we will customize and post as you sip your morning pumpkin latte.
4. Theme your content: You have to be a little creative with your content, especially around the holidays. Try crafting content aimed at providing holiday tips, recipes, or celebration ideas. This type of content always works better in video form which is far more memorable and enticing than a simple blog or Facebook post.
5. Don’t sleep on gift cards: This is also a good way to collect leads for your marketing efforts. You can ask your customers to fill out both their own and the recipient’s email address when purchasing a gift card.
6. Create a sense of urgency: Create a Christmas countdown clock in your email marketing efforts or on your social channels to keep your customers on their toes.
7. The gift that keeps on giving: Once this year’s campaign is over, put all of your well-performing content into a designated folder for next year so you don’t lose it.
And Remember: Christmas is an exciting time of year for customers, small businesses, corporations and everyone in between. It’s the busiest shopping season of the year, and often the most lucrative. Book your consultation early and plan your Christmas strategy. Let Lex M Creative create awesome promotions, enticing deals, and engaging video marketing content to tell the world what you have to offer.