|Posted by Lex M Creative, LLC on March 2, 2020 at 1:45 PM|
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social networking platform designed to give people a professional social media presence. It encourages users to connect with the professional community by marketing themselves, networking with other professionals, job-searching, recruiting jobseekers, marketing your business, and generating leads.
• Ways to Market Yourself: You can use LinkedIn to market your personal brand, your business, or workplace, or showcase your unique skills in the job market.
• Ways to Network include: By connecting with your peers within a given industry, sharing ideas about business topics pertaining to your industry, and staying current within your current industry.
• Ways to Market Your Business: Using LinkedIn can help amplify your social media presence. You can target very specific audiences based on demographics that are important to your niche. You establish trust within the business community, and you can generate leads for B2B and B2C clients.
• Ways to Leverage the Job Market: Using LinkedIn for job searching on the “Jobs Board” or within various LinkedIn Groups. Researching company profiles for job seekers and recruiting qualified candidates for job openings within your company.
LinkedIn for Marketing
LinkedIn offers several options for marketing your business online. Because LinkedIn’s core demographic of users are affluent, educated, and influential professionals, they are interested in quality content about successful business practices. Both large and small businesses are learning that the low cost of marketing on LinkedIn coupled with the higher ROI makes LinkedIn an important & relevant tool for effective marketing and customer engagement.
Reasons to use LinkedInMarketing Tools Include:
• Precise audience segmentation and targeting – this includes specific demographics & professional subgroups within & outside of your followers; B2B marketing by title, function, industry, company size, and seniority.
• Professional audience – these are typically well-educated professionals, highly receptive to engaging with brands, content, and advertising, average age is 30-49 years; over 332 MILLION users use LinkedIn!
• Sponsored Updates – with LinkedIn you can expand your brand awareness & reach, build relationships and generate leads; you can engage your customer base with relevant content marketing and connect on web, mobile, and tablet.
• Flexible Budgeting – with LinkedIn marketing tools you pay by clicks or impressions. You may top running ads at any time – there are no contracts or long-term commitments.
• Multiple Ad Formats – Ad can be created with text only, text plus images, or with video – so you have a variety of options here.
• Analytical Tools & Reports – you can monitor the performance of your marketing strategy with built-in tools; test & refine your strategies to determine what works best for your business.
In a nutshell, you are able to get niche targeting, quick & easy ad strategy testing, boost your lead volume at a lower cost and raise awareness of your new business or launch!
Setting Up Your Profile on LinkedIn
Your Profile is the first thing that people see when they find you on LinkedIn. It is important to create a professional & positive profile as possible. This lends a strong foundation to your company’s reputation. By leveraging your own profile and those of your employees you can promote your business within your own business community.
Setting Up a LinkedIn Account
Access the LinkedIn website at http://www.linkedin.com if you DO NOT already have an account setup. LinkedIn will walk you through the setup process for account creation. You will have to provide the following:
• Enter Login Information – username & password
• Enter Location & Job Information
• Import Email Contacts (optional)
• Verify your email address
• Add connections – LinkedIn will make suggestions based on your profile
• Download the app for your mobile devices
• Add your phone number
• Choose a plan – free or paid (start with a free plan to simplify the process; you can upgrade your plan at any time).
Following the setup process of your account, fill in as much of your profile as you are comfortable with sharing. Flushing out the details will greatly improve your visibility. It also shows that the company your work for – even if this is your OWN company – has a high-quality professional behind it.
• Be sure you use a professional head shot, or a photo that is a clear, polished representation of you.
• Leverage Your Headline – this is the first information people will read after your name. Your headline is designed for SEO keyword placement!
• Leverage Your Summary – here you will highlight your skills & specialties, how you can be of service to others and is also designed for SEO keyword placement.
Fill out as many sections beyond these mentioned above as possible. The more you enter, the more likely you are to be discovered. But don’t worry, LinkedIn will periodically prompt you to add information to various sections from time to time. Be sure to include references to your business or company wherever possible. By optimizing your own profile, you now have the perfect introduction to your company’s presence online within the LinkedIn community app.